View my research on my SSRN Author page: http://ssrn.com/author=2388293
Current as of June 2019
Interests: family/consumer policy, financial education & socialization, family/individual economic well-being, consumer financial decision-making, behavioral finance, student debt, and later life financial security.
The Impact of Financial Socialization on Economic Well-being and Financial Decision-making (APLUS dataset).
Graduate Internship – Program Assistant
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Washington, D.C.
Division of Consumer Education & Engagement
Office of Financial Education
Graduate Research Fellow
National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE), Denver, CO
Supervisor: Billy J. Hensley, Ph.D., President and CEO
- Hensley, B. J., Jurgenson, J. B., & Ferris, L. A. (2017). Combining Adult Education and Professional Development Best Practice to Improve Financial Education Teacher Training, Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning, 28(1), 33-48. doi:10.1891/1052-3073.28.1.33
- Guillemette, M. A. & Jurgenson, J. B. (2017). The Impact of Financial Advice Certification on Investment Choices, Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning, 28(1), 129-139. doi:10.1891/1052-3073.28.1.129
- Bartholomae, S., Kiss, D. E., Jurgenson, J. B., O’Neill, B., Worthy, S., & Kim, J. (2019) Framing the Human Capital Investment Decision: Examining Gender Bias in Student Loan Borrowing, Journal of Family and Economic Issues, 40(1), 132-145. doi: 10.1007/s10834-018-9603-6
- Guillemette, M. A., Jurgenson, J. B., Sharpe, D. L., & Zhang, X. Framing Longevity Income. (in review)
- Bartholomae, S., Fox, J. J., Dorius, S. F., & Jurgenson, J. B. Perceptions and Impacts of Student Loan Borrower Counseling: A Content Analysis. (working paper)
- Jurgenson, J. B., Kim, J., Jasper, A. M., Russell, D. W., & Cutrona, C. E. The Long-term Effects of Financial Strain on the Mental Health of Unmarried African-American Caregivers. (working paper)
- Bartholomae, S., Gudmunson, C. G., Fox, J. J., Jurgenson, J. B., & Ray, S. K. Student Loan Decision-making: Sources of Information, Family Financial Socialization and Individual Predictors. (working paper)
- Bartholomae, S., Fox, J. J., & Jurgenson, J. B. Consumer Skepticism and the Role of Financial Professionals. (working paper)
- Jurgenson, J. B. The Impact of Youth Financial Socialization on Adult Financial Decision-making and Financial Well-being. (working paper, utilizes the Bureau of Consumer Financial protection [CFPB] Financial Well-being in America dataset)
This website is the personal property and copyright of Jesse B. Jurgenson and it is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or reviewed by the University of Alabama. The content of and any views expressed in the personal pages of this Web site are those of this individual and are not those of the University System of Alabama.